Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mamavation Monday 6/14

Ok ladies...lets start this post out with something good. I'm down 3 lbs this week! If you aren't keeping track, that's a total of 12 lbs in 5 weeks! Yay me!!! I now weigh 244, which is pretty far away from my target, but amazing progress for the amount of time I've been trying to lose weight.

This week, I've been continuing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm still doing "girl" push ups with the video, because I'm just not ready to take it up a notch. However, I can feel my muscles getting stronger! I can't wait until I can do a "men's" push-up. That's something I seriously NEVER remember being able to do. Not one in my entire life. I've always had very weak upper body strength. Stay tuned because I know it's coming soon!

I've also started running this week. Leah (aka @bookieboo ) is training to do a half marathon in December, which is completely crazy, but it totally got me on this running kick. I'm now planning on running the "Midsummer Night's Run" in downtown Lexington on August 14. It's a 5k and my goal is to RUN the entire thing. Which means I had to start now, because I royally suck at running.

I've done really well with eating this week too. I'm broke, so eating out isn't even an option, but my sister OFFERED to buy me a blizzard at Dairy Queen and I refused. Yes the Oreo Cheesequake was calling to me. Yes I had an extremely hard time declining. But I did it. And you know what? I don't feel like I missed out at all. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I've been eating non-processed food pretty much all week, and I'm starting to center my meals around vegetables instead of meat or pasta. I actually look forward to the new fresh veggies I cook up every night.

This week I was also chosen as Sister of the Week, which was fab! I totally wasn't expecting it since I'm so new to Mamavation, but I'm delighted about it nonetheless! Thanks to everyone who had a hand in voting for me! A big thanks to Scarlett Black (@MMScarlett) too, since she's the one who got my butt in gear and told me about this whole Mamavation thing to start with. She's the best!

One last note, Flatout Bread is sponsoring Mamavation this week. I've never tried there products, but I went to their site and found at that they sell at all of the major grocery stores around me, which is pretty cool. I love making sandwich wraps for lunch, and I'm glad I don't have to go to some specialty store to find a wrap to use for them.

Hope you all have a fabulous week!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on being sister of the week! YOu rock girl! Yeah for keeping up with the 30 Day Shred... I too do the "girl" push ups!! Doing so STILL gets your arms ripped! :) LOL

    You CAN and WILL be running the whole 5K in August! I have faith in you !:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being Sister of the Week and way to go with the 3 pound loss! That is wonderful that you are training for a 5K. I plan on running one later in the year too in addition to my 60 mile walk. I am going to be looking to you for inspiration. :-) Have a great week!

    http://laviedelaurie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm running a 5k in August as well! We can help motivate each other and get this done girl! Mine's August 15th. Just keep your head up and push through! You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 3 pounds!! That is totally awesome!!! Congrats on the SOTW too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on both your weight loss for the week and being chosen as SOTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Congrats on this week! Are you doing Couch to 5K as your training, or something else? You have plenty of time to get ready, and it's not about the time you get, it's about crossing that finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sooooo deserve to be sister of the week -- you have offered so much support to all of us!

    12 lbs in 5 weeks? Girl, you are ROCKING!! That is awesome!!!!!

    (and, congrats on turning down the blizzard; believe me , I KNOW how big of a deal that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I'm the same way with pushups. I don't know that I've ever done a man's pushup, either. Congrats on being sista of the week and for training for the 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3lbs is awesome! Way to go girl!

    And congrats on being our sista of the week! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OM!! 3 lbs that is terrific. WTG!!! and Congrats on being Sista of the week. This week just shows that you deserve it!! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so proud of you it isn't even funny!!! *HUGZ*

    I wish I could run with you *cries* Next year, you and I will DOMINATE and CRUSH everyone in a Midsummer night's run!!!!

    congrats on the SOTW and the 3 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scarlett - I know how running is with the knee issues. For me, the pain (minimal at the moment) while I'm running is better than a dull pain for the rest of my life because of my weight. I'm thinking about asking for a nice cushy pair of running shoes for my bday, so hopefully it'll help even more.

    We WILL dominate next year. First and second. I'll be first though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job this week CJ (weight loss, SOTW, refusing a blizzard!) You are an asset to the Sistahood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you! So proud of you and all of your accomplishments; you're an inspiration to everyone around you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers