Monday, November 29, 2010

Mamavation Monday

Over the past few weeks, I've honestly completely lost track of my weight loss/progress. Between a visit to Indiana to see an old friend and Thanksgiving, things just haven't been spectacular in the eating department.

Time for a clean slate. My weight is 247.6 lbs as of this morning.

A lot of times (meaning every year) I tend to assume Thanksgiving-Christmas is just a time for bad eating. This is absurd. There are FOUR weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. There is no need to eat unhealthy that entire time, and frankly I think it's ridiculous that people use the holidays as an excuse. Yes, we may over-indulge on these days...but they're just that: DAYS. Not weeks. Not months. I enjoyed myself on Thanksgiving, and I plan on enjoying myself on Christmas as far as food goes...but my goal this year is to not slip into bad habits during those in-between weeks.

Thanksgiving is behind me, left-overs are gone, and the kitchen is once again bare. I say good riddance. NO. MORE. TURKEY. It's time for me to go to the store and stock up on healthy, yummy stuff and get back on track with my weight loss.

10 comments:

  1. Are you on the patch or anything? I found it very hard just to quit cold turkey but did the patch and it was EASY.

    Anyway, it's great that you're changing the way you're doing things this year. Did you see the guest on Mamavation TV a while ago? Alysa (InspiredRD)? She talked about not waiting until Jan 1 to make resolutions and to think about where we want to be on Jan 1? We have a month until then and we can do what we want with it.

    Love your new attitude!

    I also enjoyed Thanksgiving!!

    We're all here for you, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm just not a Turkey girl myself so it's easy to indulge in the baked goods. I did pretty well this year. I'm with you. I'm ready to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right - there is probably nothing wrong with having one over indulging meal, but in this country it is 4-5 weeks of non-stop eating. I never thought about it from this stand point.

    With you XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. There are times that we can have our cake and eat it too, but we don't need to do it 365 days a year. It's a very hard lesson for me to learn. I am so glad I didn't have any turkey to bring home from my mom's or I would be crazy. Good Luck restocking the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do the same thing. Start eating bad at Thanksgiving and eat my way through til the New Year. And we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. Oy. My weakness was always the baking. Good attitude. It's perfectly ok to indulge a little at holiday time, just not during the in between holiday time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great attitude! Nobody got fat because they indulged on a holiday. We gain weight because of what we do on all of the days in between. I love your new holiday attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good idea to start clean. Do you take measurements or photos? They can be great for tracking progress too. The scale is just one part of the total picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you alway shave such a positive attitude! I adore you! PLEASE let me know if there is any way I can help. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have bad weeks or months. Just shake it off. You know what needs to be done..like the Nike ad says.."Just Do it" and know that we are here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great perspective. My daughter is tired of all the turkey leftovers but I personally love turkey. We're back to (whole wheat) pasta and stir-fry until the next cook-and-bake-fest. Keep up the great attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Followers