Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Work It!

Today started out pretty awful for me, I struggle with depression and was having a really "low" morning. I usually go into work between 7:30am and 8:30am, but didn't go in until 3pm today because I work on Saturday. I think laying around and being lazy all morning was getting me down - I typically don't do well with disruptions to my routine.

Then, magically, a blog post by @KarlaBond popped up on my Google Reader about depression. It was exactly what I needed - to know that I wasn't alone with my struggle.

Then I found out @BookieBoo had invited me to be an official Mamavation Sista. Talk about being EXCITED!!! In fact, I was so excited that I decided to kick myself in the rear and work out for the first time in a long time. I walked my dog (ok, she walked me) for about a mile around a park close to where I live. I think I'll work my way up to running the trail in the park. The walk to and from the trail to my house is perfect for a warm up/cool down. I tried P90X Core Synergistics after the walk, and could only make it half way through (still a 30 minute work out though) before I was sweating profusely and feeling light headed, so I decided to stop before I passed out. I think I'll do another walk and the second half of the video tomorrow.

As far as food goes, I'm trying to be conscious of what I eat, but not do any extreme dieting right now because I'm quitting smoking. I did discover that a piece of boneless, skinless chicken breast drizzled with some EVOO and Mrs. Dash original spice is healthy, delicious, and easy to make. I especially like Mrs. Dash because there's NO sodium.

Sorry this post has been a little all over the place, but I just felt like I had a lot to say today. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers